Carlton Cornwall Bowls is one of the premier bowling clubs in New Zealand and is situated in a beautiful park-like setting on Cornwall Park in Auckland, just off Market Rd, Epsom. The club has three natural greens and a spacious, architecturally-designed clubhouse. Carlton Cornwall has a Gold Standard rating from Bowls New Zealand, it is progressive and operates under a strategic plan, it has a proud playing record, and this season its celebrating its 125th Anniversary.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic club manager (the Club Director) who will manage and grow the business of Carlton Cornwall Bowls. This is a full-time position, with weekend work and extended hours during the playing season (between October and April) reduced out of season to average 40 hours per week.
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills, both written and oral. This person will develop and co-ordinate programmes and activities at the club to increase participation and membership. You will need to be a multi-tasker and a team player with excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships and to work collaboratively with different groups of stakeholders including members, sponsors, schools, community groups, and other bowling clubs and bowls associations.
Having an understanding of the bowling fraternity will be advantageous, as would a tertiary qualification in sport management, but they aren’t the deciding prerequisites. What’s also important is:
• Having the ability and keenness to get involved with sponsorship, marketing, and promotional activities, and developing youth bowls and casual play.
• Having financial management skills.
• Having staff management skills to supervise greenkeeper, bar manager and caterer, and organise groups of volunteers.
• Having the initiative to organise corporate functions and other activities in the clubhouse.
• Being able to keep Minutes of Board of Management meetings and others including the Annual General Meeting.
• Being up with the play on social media, website, video and communications technology, and spreading the word about Carlton Cornwall Bowls to a wider audience.
• Above all, to treat key performance indicators (KPIs) as a welcoming challenge and to produce results.
We want Carlton Cornwall Bowls to have a strong customer service focus and a dynamic brand. We have some progressive ideas and now we want a passionate Club Director to implement the plans and make Carlton Cornwall stronger and even more successful.
We look forward to your applications. A Job Description is available on request.
Applications, with a CV, close on Monday October 2 at Noon.
Please email your applications to: email@example.com
If you wish to post your application, send it to: 11 Brickfield Way, St Marys Bay,